The Doodle Bar & TESTBED1
33 Parkgate Road
London SW11 4NP
Events & Marketing Co-ordinator, Maternity Cover 8 months FULL TIME POST
We propose a 2 weeks handover period starting from Monday 30th June 2014
Salary £20k p.a
- To be responsible for following Doodle Bar event procedures and operational systems and keep abreast of any changes.
- To communicate with and report to the management team
- To ensure that the creative and financial priorities/targets of each event are clearly defined and achieved.
- To be a positive and enthusiastic member of the DB team.
- Attend Weekly Management meeting – The successful candidate will meet weekly with the management team to report changes to the monthly events status, agree MEP (Monthly Entertainment Budget), ask questions and report changes & feedback.
- Coordinate events inquiries – follow procedures to respond to client inquiries efficiently, sending rate cards, brochures and organising venue visits. Prepare event inquiry summary to share at Management meetings for approval.
- Manage event booking- create and manage event documents and record all elements of event planning. Manage client relationships and organise agreed event requirements such as license applications, heater hire, additional cleaning
- Coordinate Street Food Vendors – Ensure weekly Street Food Vendors are booked and promoted/ manage street food vendors and keep records up to date
- Social Media co-ordinating – keep social media pages alive with content, implementing our Social Media Schedule & Strategy.
- Communication – update websites with events listings, food menus etc; create and/or design posters and flyers for upcoming events; send out bi-monthly newsletters using mailchimp templates; keep Doodle Bar chalk boards updated with events
- Keep our Customer Relationship Manager software (ZOHO) up to date with new contacts, past clients and generally take responsibility for growing the contact list.
- Present TESTBED1 events calendar and booking forms to the landlord
SKILLS & Equipment REQUIRED
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Event co-ordination experience
- Knowledge of Excel, Word and basic software
- Knowledge of Google Drive file sharing system
- Photoshop/Illustrator software knowledge, enough to design event posters and artwork
- Your own computer!
Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications 28th May 2014
Interviews 2nd and 4th June 2014
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.